The administration of an estate is commonly referred to as “going to probate”. In fact the process of obtaining the Grant of Probate or the Grant of Administration where a valid will has not been left is merely the mid-stage of administering an estate rather than the end of the matter.
As well as obtaining the relevant grant our team of experts can help you in the administration of an estate in a variety of ways and this includes:
- Tracing and quantifying the assets of an estate
- Quantifying the liabilities of an estate
- Assist you in tracing missing beneficiaries
- Dealing with inheritance tax issues
- Putting in place relevant insurance
- Putting in place the relevant statutory notice
- Assist in the selling of real estate
- Preparing an estate account and distributing the estate
The period of time in which an estate can be administered varies greatly as to what complications can arise and significantly when these arise. However, all of our experts will do their utmost to progress matters as expeditiously as possible while making every endeavour to ensure that the best protection possible is afforded to the executor or estate administrator alike.