When a person dies without leaving an actual or a valid Will it is said that they have died intestate. This means that there is no way of ascertaining what the true wishes of the deceased person were or how they would like their estate to be divided up.
These are because of the complication of no actual Will, the most complex estates to deal with. This is an area where our experts can help.
We will advise you on:
- The necessary steps in obtaining the Grant of Administration which is necessary when a person dies without leaving a Will opposed to a Grant of Probate which is where someone has left a valid will.
- Tracing missing beneficiaries.
- Carrying out a Will search.
- Advising on the different types of insurances that need to be taken out and placing the relevant statutory notices.
- We can then assist in the overall administration of the estate realising assets, settling liabilities, preparing a final estate account and distributing the estate according to entitlement.